Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Karmic Circle

"There's too much of an emphasis on being nice. Who cares?"

Well, it's true. No one will question why you don't want to be nice. You're not obliged to remember birthdays. Or buy gifts for loved ones "just because." No one expects you to make time out for old friends.

But let's put it in the simplest way possible. "What goes around, comes around," as trite as that may sound. It's a simple concept called Karma.

My friend from China got me Chinese tea in the cutest green box and suprised me with it this morning. I wasn't expecting it and it made me feel good all day. If I can do something that makes someone else feel that way, it's totally worth the effort.

The status of my Karma is not something that I take lightly.

2 comments:

ANC said...

"Just because" is a good enough reason :)
P.S. - Yang got me tea too! And chopsticks :) (though I don't know how to use them, but still!)

- Ubiquitous - said...

Gosh, I believe in it too.

Like, a LOT.