Thursday, September 11, 2008

Between Two Worlds

I'm in the new city and I can't find better words to decribe my situation: I feel like a fish out of water.

It's a great place, really clean, friendly people and the weather has been great since I got here, except I'm warned of a rather snowy winter.

I've spent two weeks exploring the city, so I know some of the really great places to eat (more on that later), I've seen some of the attractions and now I'm really comfortable where I'm at.

But nothing beats home.

I craved to be here for close two years. And now that I am, I want to go home. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ungrateful. Neither am I serious about throwing in the towel and returning or anything of the sort. It's just the intense pangs of homesickness speaking.

I miss the pulse of my city, its heartbeat, its soul.

I honestly did think that America would be like th emovies. I blame the steady diet of Karan Johar movies we're fed as children.

So while it looks like it does on screen, clean roads, diciplined traffic and fresh air, I miss the chaos of my city. I never thought I'd find myself saying that.

I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sure you will make a new home in this strabge land...create new bonds and live a new life...