Friday, August 1, 2008

Some thyme just in time

So the Elle girls went out for brunch to Herbs and Spices, 80 Ft. Road, Indiranagar. I've heard plenty about the place for ages now but never got down to actually going. I finally went and wondered why I had been putiing off the trip all this while. It's small and basic but fun with an open space in the centre that welcomes the sun. Split level seating adds character to the space and the tables are surprisingly private though being in close proximity. It's all about the arangement.

I tried the chicken quiche, with the faintest hint of onion and seasoned with thyme. I'm not kidding when I say that it really was the best that I have eaten so far. Fluffy pastry married to cheesy fillings and spinach blended together - it silenced all conversation on my end with its arrival to our table. My mouth was too busy savouring the delicacy to talk :P

Dessert was cheesecake topped with slices of fresh mango. Sumptious. And the Walnut Meringue was light as a cloud but quite bland. The eggless chocolate cake was an honest effort but fell short on account of being almost sugarless and unacceptably 'pasty'.

The decor was pleasing, I was in beautiful company, and conversation with friends followed the completion of the quiche. The afternoon could not have got much better.

3 comments:

- Ubiquitous - said...

I miss Bangalore!!!!

:,(

Babska said...

do not forget me when you meet Anthony Bourdain or Kylie Kwong for that matter. you write these food reviews that i'm sure will make you one of those hi-fi food critics or judges on these reality food shows. sigh.
ooops... i forgot Mr. Gordon Ramsey!

In love with the city said...

Babs! You make me blush :) Thanks sweetie