Monday, November 9, 2009

Priceless dining

On what I think was the nicest day since I've been in Washington, M and I went for lunch to Karmic Kitchen. Otherwise a a regular Indian restaurant that serves food at a price, the Karmic Kitchen is the same place transformed to a space of genorisity between 12 and 3 p.m. on Sundays. In other words, you can enjoy a fixed-menu vegetarian meal for free! All you have to do in reutrn is a random act of kindness to a stranger.

So M and I ate saag panner, basmati rice, novratna korma, chana dal and naan, without paying a cent. We intend on being repeaters and leaving a better donation next time round.

But pay a visit to the place by Dupont Circle. Whoever said nothing comes free?

3 comments:

Abhilash Ruhela said...

Hello....Ayesha..I read ur blog...It was quite sweet and short...thats how the blog should be..but plz tell me a thing and clear my doubt..u have written so many blogs up till now but then too why do u get so less comments 1 or 2??? whats the reason for this..?? why arent ur blogs getting successful??

Please answer me dear....

Unknown said...

Hey Ayesha!

Wow two blogs! We should go to this restaurant! Sorry I am a creeper hahah

Alex said...

I love Karma Kitchen. Totally found it by accident a few months back and have gone a few times since. If you want to go again before we move out - let me know!