Monday, March 9, 2009

An overdose of champagne, white lace and three-tiered cakes

What is it with American cable and so many shows about weddings, marriage and other shenanigans that surround the topic? Recently, it's been virtually impossible to flip channels with at least one bridal show airing at the time. Irrespective of what time of day or night it is!

Bridezilla, Platinum Weddings, Confessions of an American Bride (which is a full-length movie)...is it just me or is the amount of content bordering on unhealthy?

My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding, Disney Dream Wedding and still counting...

2 comments:

- Ubiquitous - said...

:D Here comes the...'shenanigans'!

Awww, I like that word you love to use. When we meet, you must tell me stuff like, 'R! What's with you and all the shenanigans?' and I'll say, 'Can you repeat the koschun, pliss?'

Yabba, this comment makes no sense, does it? Okie I'm out of here!

Big hug Ayesha! And well, helllleeewwwwww!

The Darkling Thrush said...

aiyyo, don't remind me.

btw, i'm totally in love with oscar de la renta's bridal collection.

follow this link: http://www.oscardelarenta.com/?folderId=/collections/bridal/spring2009

so you see. pretty things like that are to be blamed for the nuptial obsession these days :D

the more men i meet, the more i think this is the only surviving reason for marriage :P