Thursday, October 30, 2008

That Impress Me Much!

I read a fabulous quote today. It read, "Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free till they find someone just as wild to run with them and trust."

When I have these periodic reveries about the future, I can never quite figure out what I want. Ssshh, don't tell anyone. On a more serious note, I think this quote knows what I want better than I do.

I'm convinced that I'm about as eccentric as my social circle allows me to be. So will I want to conform later? Chances are, no. Which is why I think someone offbeat would work well. What's life without a little chaos?

The human spirit is too free to be fettered. Not that it doesn't require guidance or direction or purpose. Just no chains.

Does that mean I'm looking? Not exactly. I have no idea what's ahead. I'm as clueless as the next person and am waiting to see what happens next. It's like a blind curve on a winding mountain road. Add some fog for further reduced visibility. But the suspense is exhilarating.

Do I wish that someday I find someone who celebrates the mad scientist in me? Sure! For now though, I'm just going to concentrate on now. Because, at the risk of sounding corny, Deepak Chopra did say, "The past is history. The future is a mystery. But what you have now is a gift. And that's why it's called the present."

7 comments:

- Ubiquitous - said...

Ask me out then, bayeebay!

:D

IS said...

NO NO... ask Me out!!!

- Ubiquitous - said...

I need to punch someone in the i!

:D

IS said...

Try out... I can always punch back...

In love with the city said...

I'm loving this ridiculous debate between the two of you :P I thought I'd stay out coz I don't like leaving my own comments but I couldn't resist!

Anil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
- Ubiquitous - said...

I see!

But soon, 'i' may not see. >:)